Arcade Cabinet Update - Hardware Purchased!

I've finally settled on the hardware for the arcade machine. A bit of sacrificing had to be made due to cost, but it looks like it is going to turn out pretty good nonetheless.  I am going with XGaming hardware (not their premade board but individual switches and joysticks), as it is in line with real arcade quality parts.  The switches will connect using a USB interface card.

The cost of the project so far has set me back around $100, although much of the material (the computer, screen, cables, etc.) has been pulled from items I already own.  I am hoping to have a finished product that would cost less than $800 in parts if someone were to buy every piece individually, but I am hoping to keep my own cost for parts under $200.

Stay tuned for pictures and step-by-step updates on the project as soon as the parts start rolling in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NARCAN: The danger of a "Three Strikes" policy

Arcade Cabinet - PICTURES!

Arcade machine - ALMOST DONE! (Painted and Pictures!)