Cantenna Project

For my wireless network security class, I have been tasked with the job of creating a wireless range extender.  To this effect I will be creating a "cantenna," or a directional antenna using an aluminum can. The antenna has been optimized to allow it to operate on both the 802.11b and 802.11g wavelengths, and should provide approximately two miles of range for a standard wireless card.

Pictures and details of the project will be forthcoming as the construction continues.  Depending on availability of parts, I may be adding a recycled satellite dish into the mix, bumping my antenna into the ten mile range.  Stay tuned for more interesting projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NARCAN: The danger of a "Three Strikes" policy

Arcade Cabinet - PICTURES!

Arcade machine - ALMOST DONE! (Painted and Pictures!)